The Importance of Being a Contemporary Teacher
The Importance of Being a Contemporary Teacher
Everyone has their own beliefs when it comes to using ICTs in the modern-day classroom. I believe ICTs have both positive and negative implications in the classroom, though there are definitely more positives than negatives.
If we look at what children are doing in their past time, there is a combination of videogames, youtube videos and TikTok. Being ICTs we know that it is used a lot by children. This shows the importance of integrating ICTs in the classroom to engage our students in learning.
I am excited and positive to learn more about integrating ICTs in the classroom and how I can further develop my skills to help students to learn more proficiently in the classroom.
When looking through the unit coursework from Week 1, the different ICTs used was refreshing. I am a visual and kinesthetic learner so reading textbooks after textbooks don't assist my learning in any way. Therefore I understand the importance of ICTs in the classroom in a deeper level. I have sat at my desk trying to read a chapter of a textbook and needed to read the page several times to truly understand what I was trying to read. If I watched a video about the topic, I would need to watch it maybe once or twice and I would have a far better understanding than reading from a textbook.
Through my experiences as a learner, I can clearly see the importance of embedding ICTs into the classroom to achieve better outcomes for our students and their learning.
Comments
Post a Comment